We are extremely excited to announce Actility as the latest roaming partner on the Helium Network! This partnership will add mass enterprise adoption and usage to the Network, immediately unlocking ubiquitous coverage for millions of IoT devices.
Like Helium, Actility is recognized as the leader in IoT connectivity solutions and LPWA technology. Actility’s ThingsPark Exchange remains the industry’s first and de facto standard LoRaWAN IoT peering hub. Through this integration with ThingPark Exchange, Actility will be able to immediately extend Helium Network coverage to 25 already connected networks worldwide.
Roaming on the Helium Network is made possible by the Helium blockchain, which allows LoRaWAN compatible devices already supported by companies like Actility to utilize coverage provided by the Helium Network. As a result of this partnership, all IoT devices served by networks connected to ThingsPark Exchange can now roam between Helium-compatible Hotspots and the networks from all the other providers joining the peering platform. These include Actility-powered public LoRaWAN networks managed by Orange in France, KPN in the Netherlands, Proximus in Belgium, Swisscom in Switzerland, and many more.
“The growth of the Helium Network has been explosive. By creating a roaming integration with the Helium Network, we are now able to offer any LoRaWAN network, public or private, access to this coverage, enabling them to deploy applications in more markets faster with low cost and less hassle, while also bringing more users to Hotspot owners to maximize their rewards,” said Alper Yegin, Actility’s VP of Advanced Technology Development.
Major Partners Equals Major Data Transfer
For Hotspot owners, this roaming partnership increases usage exponentially through the number of large-scale IoT deployments and enterprise customers Actility already supports. Notably, Bouygues Construction Group tracks over 20,000 pieces of equipment in real-time using Helium-compatible Abeeway sensors from Actility, which Volvo Group also uses to optimize their yard management in its France and U.S. truck plants. In Saudi Arabia, The Red Sea Development Company is deploying over 39,000 Helium-compatible LoRaWAN trackers for construction workers and vehicles to further ensure employee safety using location-based insights. Actility customers will now be able to send data such as this over the Helium Network, adding to existing use cases enabled by Helium.
Companies using Actility include:
- Volvo Group: A multinational manufacturing corporation best known for its production, distribution, and sale of commercial vehicles such as cars, trucks, buses, and construction vehicles.
- Cisco: A technology corporation that delivers innovative software-defined networking, cloud, and security solutions to help transform businesses.
- Accenture: A professional services company specializing in IT services and consulting, with a mission to deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity by embracing the power of change to create long-lasting value in every direction for their clients, people and communities.
- Schneider Electric: A global specialist in energy management and automation, with operations in over 100 countries. Schneider’s purpose is to “empower all to make the most of our energy, bridging progress and sustainability for all”.
- Olympus: A Japanese manufacturer of optics and reprography products, Olympus holds a 70-percent share of the global endoscope market.
Want to Roam on The Helium Network?
Actility and its users join the Helium Network alongside Senet as an innovative and cutting-edge roaming partner. Integrations like this would not be possible without the incredible community helping to build the Helium Network. Together as #ThePeoplesNetwork we are extending connectivity to a whole new world of devices and applications from our roaming partners.
Are you interested in roaming with Helium? We can help your company expand its network and save on costs for both you and your customers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with a roaming partnership on the Helium Network!